Principal E.S. Peeples resigned as principal of RCTS in 1948 and moved to Mobile, AL to assume school principal duties in Mobile.
The 1919 building was destroyed by fire in February 1943. The new 1949 school building served as the only high school for Blacks in Randolph County Alabama until the late 1950s when another high school for Blacks (Wedowee High School) was built at Wedowee, the county seat. RCTS was closed by order of the the United States Federal District Court for the Middle District of Alabama in 1970, 16 years after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled separate-but-equal education unconstitutional in Brown vs. Board of Education in 1954.
Below is an artist representation of the 1949 RCTS Main School Building.
Actual Photo of the 1949 RCTS Main Building is shown below. U.S. Highway 431 (Lafayette Highway) is the road in front of the school building. School resumed in the new building on September 1, 1948.