Photo: Courtesy of the Minnifield Collection
The Rock Mills School was built in the 1920s at a cost of $1500.00 adjacent to the Rock Mills Missionary Baptist Church. Funds to construct the school were contributed as follows:
Rosenwald School Fund: $500.00
Negroes contributed labor and other non-monetary assets to the building of the school.
The school was a 2-Teacher school, initially. It was enlarged later and designated as a junior high school in the 1950s.
Its principals included Professor James A. Riley, Mrs. Mayme Shealey, and Mr. John E. Hendricks.