Stephen Mission School was established in 1924; being held in the Stephen Mission Methodist Church with one teacher, and in 1949 the County Board gave an old building; which was rebuilt into a two room school, and for three years there were two teachers. In 1952 the grades and enrollment were decreased then only one teacher was needed. In 1956 one of the two rooms was torn down. Now there is one room, one teacher, and 22 pupils enrolled.
The above info was provided by Catherine Heard, Principal of Stephen Mission School April 30, 1956.